Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Kick Ass!" 5th birthday blogparty #4. The final countdown

Life's little ironies or, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"
What's a man to do? I mean to say, after some ups and downs you finally hit your blog's 5th anniversary and manage to put together an impressive bunch of prizes for your readers. Just how can you follow that? Ah, I know. How about taking a mood downswing and disappearing from the site for a month? Yeah, that's a really good idea. Really.

Anyway, here I am. I'm not swanning about in sunny Acapulco with all that lovely swag offered up by my generous donors (chance'd be a fine thing). Nope. I'm living la vida loca in the slough of despond in rainy Glasgow. There've been games at least, a lot of games, Dominion especially. So it's not been all bad. But that's not really the point of this post, oh no. This post is about prizes (remember those?).

Everything must go!
I had been intending to change the format of the bumper prize draw before my dropping off the radar forced my hand. Now I'm just going to run one big draw until all the prizes have been claimed. So:
  • Go and check out the the spoil heap.
  • Comment here, there or in any other prize draw thread indicating the prize of your choice (comments already made will be taken as entries).
I'll announce winners in a fortnight. And that's it for today because I'm packing for a wee trip and I'd better get on with things. ;)

Related@RD/KA!
"Kick Ass!" 5th birthday blogparty
- #1. Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
- #2. Draw the first
- #3. First prize draw winners!

9 comments:

gnome said...

Lovely seeing you back in blogging (and prize giving) my friend. Now, I don't want to sound like an ungrateful gnome or anything, but I'd also be interested in any sort of dice or any of them RPG books.

Shame on me...

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Hey John,
Very good to hear you up and running again.

I have BIG news, I played my first EVER game of Advanced Squad Leader on Thursday (against your old Oppo Rod:.)

Loved it, very good indeed, (I was Elite American Paras while Rod was just bogstandard Germans, well, until HIS paras turned up:.(

looking forward to getting more ASL sets if I can ever afford the ebay price tags:.(

Oh, now for my mercenary angle (heh,heh,heh:.) I would be very happy to be put into the draw for the CONFLICT OF HEROES: PRICE OF HONOUR POLAND 1939 game

Hope to see you soon and get a game of something

Alan Hume

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back again! I've been down and out with mononucleosis myself and became concerned when I noticed no new posts after I finally recovered enough to check your blog again.

I'll have to give Alan a bit of competition for the Price of Honour draw, unless I'm too late!

Cheers!

Josef, Sweden

Stephen Howe said...

HI John,
Interested in Winning
: The Blitzer
:pRICE OF Honour
:Great war of Magellan
:The Audio Cd's
Hope you had a good holiday,
Uncle Cthulu

Not a Village in Westminster said...

Hey John

Sorry to hear things have been rough, glad you are taking a break.

I'd be more than happy to be put in the hat for the E14 books; Great War of Magellan; and the dice.

Still looking forward to meeting you in person at some point! =)

Take care

JC

Patrick Ward said...

Happy Birthday for . .a month and a half ago .. sorry its a bit late. Hope you're still doing ok.

And I know I've probably already commented and said what prize I liked but I take it all back, claim the 29.6th amendment and change it to Prize 10! Conflict of Heroes expansion!

And I'll have to second your assessment of Mr Eickert .. a very nice chap.

Anonymous said...

How you doing, buddy?

The long silence hints the latest downswing is a bad one, and I hope you're well on your way to recovery by now.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Cheers!

Josef, Sweden

Anonymous said...

With the holidays coming up I'm hoping you're doing well and that we'll soon get to see you posting again. Wishing you all the best.

Josef, Sweden

Adelaide Gamer said...

Still waiting, mate. Hope you managed to pull out of the tail spin, or can find the energy to take off again.