Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

World of Warcraft: Azeroth beckons at last!
















WoW! How weighty was thy download?!

Having been persuaded to try Blizzard's World of Warcraft 10-day free trial I registered an account and started a download. That was half past ten last night, and Blizzard Downloader has been running ever since. And I thought OO.org 3.0's download yesterday was heavy duty.

This is like no webspace I've seen before, and it's still just downloading! (99% and less than 2 minutes now... 10:48.) Yep, that was a 12-hour download. I guess that's what you get with over 10 million online. I just know that I'm going to love this to bits. I've watched the trailer, and it's lovely. This is realms of fantasy on the scale I used to dream about. I thought it was a cyberpunk fantasy. It's not. The sooner I get a character running the better.

Later still... Checking system specifications
I'm going to have to make sure my computer's well up to the mark for this. Meanwhile, I haven't got a clue as to how to being to create a character. Time to check the manual I guess. So no heroic tales of my first steps into Azeroth today then. Although just finding and recording those minimum requirements for that varied selection of hardware and software of which I'm essentially ignorant, because I've never played computer games?- I guess you could call that that a quest, of sorts. ;)

No comments: