Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Prague snapshots

Well here are some more shots of the amazing architectural landmarks of Prague- in this case of the castle courtyard through which I passed several times on my way into town.

This is a shot of the castle courtyard. I was just passing through, so I have no idea what all the different parts of the building are- that round tower especially- but once again, this is a shot that would be great for establishing a scene for your players in an rpg. So long as the tourists didn't interfere with their willing suspension of disbelief I guess.

Another shot of the cathedral behind the castle, this time showing exactly how it looms over everything in the vicinity. I can think of a lot of things that could be happening in a scene constructed around this particular establishing shot, but after Sunday's Flashing Blades game I find it hard to get crossbow-armed would-be assassins out of my mind! Ranting demagogues at the palace windows with the cathedral bells tolling dolorously in the background is another possibility I guess.

These gates are a feature I found inside the castle when I stopped to change my camera film (which is where it all started to go horribly wrong for my Prague snapshots). I just had to get a picture because they were so lovely. I'll leave it to my readers' imaginations what nefarious deeds PC's might be engaged were they to be confronted by gilded gates like these. That's it for today.

No comments: