Pages

Friday, January 13, 2006

Alter-ego or ego-altering?

Checking out some other gamers' blogs found at Matt Forbeck's the other night I came across one of those 'What kind of... are you?' quizzes on Anthony Ragan's Public Secrets: from the files of the IrishSpy. Deep in the throes of getting to grips with Green Ronin's most excellent Mutants & Masterminds 2nd edition, this was one I wasn't going to pass up on. And would you believe it, I'm:

Spider-Man

Spider-Man
80%
Hulk
65%
Iron Man
55%
Green Lantern
45%
Catwoman
40%
The Flash
40%
Supergirl
35%
Superman
35%
Robin
32%
Wonder Woman
30%
Batman
30%
You are intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility.
Click here to take the Superhero Personality Test

Turning out as one of my favourite comicbook superheroes means I have to give this test my seal of approval.

The tagline's good too. I'll leave the 'intelligent' and 'witty' for others to judge (I can hear 'half-' echoing through the ether even as I type). But: 'geeky'?- well, more than a bit I'd say; and 'great power and responsibility'?- most definitely. I'm a WFRP GM after all, which means that I've got one of the most lethal rpg combat systems going at my disposal in a classic setting of underpowered PC's facing pointless death in dirty corners. Oh, the burden.

Anthony Ragan is the author of Sigmar's Heirs, the rather nice WFRP supplement I reviewed last year. And he was Spiderman too. That would be spooky if I was superstitious, or if it was summertime and I wasn't taking my medication.

I can't be unalloyed in my praise for this test though. Why? Because Batman came at the bottom of my list, and he's the closest in there to my archetypal roleplaying superhero, my primary projection. Bit of an oddity there, but that's another story.

3 comments:

gnome said...

I wanted to be like He-Man (remember?)... But I'm not :(
sad

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Yes, I remember He-Man Gnome. But I forgot to ask: who did you end up as? Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm Spiderman too. Perhaps everyone is...