Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stop Press!- M44 Expanded Nationality rules available to download

The latest version of the M44 Expanded Nationality rules which Badger and I have been testing recently, and which I've been discussing on M44:DoW and M44:BGG are now available as a PDF download via the BGG. The rules have undergone some serious development since the last version I posted here at RD/KA! back in April.

The new v4 includes a codification of the Plan card rules as general rules applicable to more than one set of nationality rules; a complete revision of the form of the British Marksmanship rule; German and Russian rules making use of the Plan card mechanic (ie. we finally found a satisfactory form for the Saddle Orders rule); and U.S. Army rules which start to look right in our eyes.

Of all these, Badger and I are most happy with the British rules because they have stood the test of most playtest games (although my revised form of those rules might change that- fingers crossed I guess!). The German rules look pretty good to us too- although less tested than the British rules in their current form, they are the product of the development arising from all that testing. The U.S. Army and the Russian rules look good to us, but only testing will tell whether we actually like them in the end.

Finally: in my haste to upload the PDF to the BGG, I neglected to include acknowledgements to the general M:44 communities at DoW and BGG. So I'd here like to extend my thanks to all those who've supported my work on the Expanded Nationality project. I am grateful to you all. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this game worth picking up? If so what do I need to get or does it all come in one box?

Anonymous said...

That was me btw,

Al

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Memoir'44 worth buying? I would say so Ali. When I got it nearly 3 years ago it was the most exciting wargame I'd seen since Up Front. I've seen a couple of good 'uns since, but M44 is still my single most played game in all the time since I bought it. You don't have to buy it all- there's a lot of play in the core set when you take into account the official and fan-created scenarios available online. And you don't have to buy it sight unseen either- you can try it out when you come to visit Glasgow y'know.

Meanwhile, search RD/KA! for 'Memoir'44' (or check out the 'a rash of enthusiasm' label in the sidebar), and you'll find plenty of articles about the game and its expansions.

Cheers,
John ;)

Anonymous said...

Had an evening of Up Front last night. Poor lad I was playing against had horrendous luck which culminated in me heroing Fox from a hill to his stream and killing 5 of his machine gun group in one attack at relative range 2.

Al

p.s. I'll look forward to playing Memoir 44 in glesga.