Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Score!

So I've finally gone and done my first ever bit of ebay business. I bought a copy of the forgotten 1975 classic naval wargame Seastrike. The game was brought to mind by an article across at the F:AT, about multi-use cards, a design feature I haven't seen in any earlier adventure game. (That's another nod to the benefits of lurking at the F:AT I guess.)

I've only played Seastrike once before, back in the late 80's, with my old pal Jim the T. My most vivid memory of that game was my massed helicopter attacks, which were able to sweep across the table and back with irresistable speed and deadly effect. They more or less won that game for me by themselves I seem to remember. I am very pleased finally to have got myself a copy of this game I have so much wanted to revisit for so many years. ;)

No comments: