Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

It's official, and now public!

Yesterday was my birthday, and it came with an unusual present. Regular readers will remember my posting, only last January, about my intention to GM a Combat Commander tournament at UK Games Expo 2009. A recent flurry of activity saw the official tournament page uploaded to the UK Expo site yesterday by event organiser Richard Denning.

Thanks to Richard for his efforts getting my stuff sorted. Thanks are also due to Rob Bottos from CC@CSW, whose advice helped me decide the event's format.

Andy and I have got our hotel booked, and we're now just waiting for tickets to be available. After that, well, I guess I'll just have to make sure that everyone has a good time. And there will be an 'everyone'! The tournament already has 5 confirmed entrants, and 2 or 3 times that many possibles. So, dear readers, wish your humble scribe good fortune if you will, and see if you can't make it to Birmingham for the 5th, 6th and 7th of June 2009.

2 comments:

Louise H said...

All seems to be going well.. I shall not be CCing but I will definitely be coming and hanging over your shoulder at odd intervals :-)

"A bit political on yer ass!" said...

Yes, everything is going fine. Should I be preparing myself for the unexpected glitch then?!.

And hey, it'll be great to meet you. I'll have time during the day on Friday and also on Sunday to do other stuff, so we might get a chance to play something more to your taste. I'll be taking a look at your BGG file to see if you own anything I'm particularly fond of. ;)